A seven week group for scuba divers to learn stuff that can help us stay fit-to-dive in lots of different ways. Whether you want skills to help you get off the sofa and go for a run, or strategies for dealing with the intrusive “what if ….” thoughts.
It’s a dry group and your participation is separate from your own diving activities. There is no dive training and no in-water practice at all, and it’s suitable for all levels and qualifications.
How it works
Seven divers meet on Zoom.
Every Sunday at 7pm [UK time / BST] , starting 14th June.
Each lasts 70 minutes.
£11 per session (i.e. £77 total) *Note this is a introductory rate for this first group, it may go up a little next time, .. it may stay the same.
What will we do?
- Try out some exercises – e.g. games for shifting perspective, skills for difficult thoughts – may bring up a bit of discomfort, these will be described in advance so you can decide whether or not to play. (A bit like in a yoga class / exercise, where you get options )
- Talk about what we notice in the exercise
- Work on some ways to stay “fit-to-dive”, for example, but not limited to:
- what to do with the thought “I don’t feel like it” when trying to convince yourself to go for a run / the thought “just one more” when standing at the fridge or the biscuit tin
- sit with difficult feelings like fear of failure when learning a new skill, or speaking up when concerned about the dive plan
- step back from unhelpful worries or rumination
Requests to help the whole group
- Access from a private space, with good WiFi connection
- Commit to all seven sessions
- Respectful communication
- Start on time
- Be present and participate every Sunday at 7pm.
noticing our tangles
direction of travel
willing to fall in
stop pushing down the beachball
doing what matters
hovering in discomfort
How to join
There are 6 places for the pilot group. After that, you’ll be on the waiting list. If it’s working, then we’ll do more in future and I’ll let you know the dates. Click the button below to take you to the application form.